[Add Reply][New Topic][New Poll]

Light of Mine
Ghalib Mu'awiyah
 Posted: Oct 20 2014, 06:52 PM
[Quote]

Group: Vagabond

On a low, smooth table, only high-enough for one to kneel at, three overturned, clay bowls glowed red in the sun. Each had been painted with care, one in blue, its squiggly lines moving around the bowl's circumference like the waves of some great, everlasting river, another in the green, jagged designs of some lush mountainous valley and hill, and yet a third, painted with pink and grey whisps and curls, dancing in circles about the bowl like the breath of some fantastical wind.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna to let it shine.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna to let it shine.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna to let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."

The man sitting cross-legged behind the table, his elbows resting on the short surface and his fingers steepled on one another, belted out his song in the common language, his eyes shining and his expression mischievous.

"You!" he cried out, pointing a finger at a passing woman. She looked out of reaction and the man at the table was already at work, swapping the bowls around in a showy fashion briefly before slowly lifting one, like a clam, stretching open beneath the waves... and then he snapped it shut! HIs other hand already lifting another in the same manner. The first bowl had revealed nothing, but beneath this one, the darkness flickered and glowed orange, revealing a single, dancing flame, free of any wick or fuel, it seemed.

The woman frowned, taking interest and stepped Ghalib's way, and the mage snapped the bowl shut, raising a brow knowingly and shaking his head slowly. A smirk slowly grew across his lips.

He was dressed as a Rodani gypsy man. Gone was his Keffiyeh, his loose desert layers. He still wore his soft-soled boots, but the pants tucked into them now were rough mountain cloth in a dark brown ,and his tunic of green hung over it a little. A thin leather belt secured it all. His typical red sash, usually tied with martial precision had been replaced by a heavy, multi-color scarf tied in a haphazard fashion so that it hung partially off his hip. They were similar clothes, if you thought about it. But Ghalib still felt...ridiculous.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Evianna Calix
 Posted: Oct 29 2014, 10:44 PM
[Quote]

Group: Low Nobles

Festivals, a time for feasting; merry making and enjoyment. Strolling the castle grounds. Trying to enjoy herself. Taking a turn down a row that was set up like a market place, Evianna strolled the area. Pausing to glance over wares, bent over at a table, inspecting a copper worked bangle bracelet with bead work in turquoise.

"You!" the words caught her ears and the Rodani man was point a finger at her. Slender arched brow lofted in curiosity. Her. He was talking to her. She was curious but frowned at the sight of the bowls, the second one in particular made her frown. Fire.

Dual eyes watched the man, while her face took an impassive feature to it. As if she was unimpressed by him and his slight of hand. "Interesting" Evi replied, standing there, the pretty copper bracelet forgotten, though it would have looked lovely against her golden skin and with her white and blue silk dress from the coast. A summer dress but a shawl could always make it into one fitting for the other seasons wear.

He might have felt ridiculous because he definitely looked like it. Evianna was more then ready to leave the stranger alone. A stranger who had a bowl of fire, she found it was temperamental when she was about; as if it was eager for her to play with the flames and coax them to life more. To dance across her fingers; lapping at the skin.
[PM][Email]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
[Add Reply][New Topic][New Poll]

Created by TheGreatDG thanks to kismet's template, Ashar Rising
RPGD TopsitesRPG-D