[Add Reply][New Topic][New Poll]

Up in the Air, Mason
Lirra Thorne
 Posted: Dec 30 2014, 04:59 PM
[Quote]

Group: Low Nobles

Everything had been worked out with Roland. She was to marry whoever the new suitor was. She was to leave and have her children here at court. As far as Lirra knew, only the closet to the king had any idea what was going on.

It was almost dinner time and this time she had made sure that Mason would be there. She had made it clear to him. Lirra was already seated at the table with a document he needed to sign to let her go. She would bring it up later; unless one of his friends had already heard of the plan that her brother and her had been working on over the past couple of days. Some of Mason's men who reported back to him would surely had seen Lirra and Roland riding out together.

The door opening interrupted her thoughts as her maids rushed to pull out the chair. "Dear husband, please do sit." She said with a huge grin on her face.
[PM]
^
Mason Thorne
 Posted: Jan 2 2015, 03:49 AM
[Quote]

He came back to their apartments early - which, in Mason's case, really just meant "on time." He'd had pressing matters - e always had pressing matters - but today, faced with the image of courtiers walking like lovers in the garden, Mason had decided to head back to his wife and... and attempt that thing Roland was always pressing him to try: some more... down time? Time with the family. Lirra and the children.

He opened the door, file in hand, and smiled,a sigh escaping him, as he saw Lirra sitting in the little parlor.

"Oh, Mrs. Thorne," he spoke, calling her in the way he often did, by her married title. It was not for lack of love, but "Lirra" was what he called her in bed. It wouldn't be proper outside of an embrace. "I'm glad you're here. I finished early and thought we might do something together, if you had the mind for it. A lot of people seem to have descended to the gardens...The weather must be good for it."

As he spoke he moved across to her, drawing near to the chair she had offered and, file in hand, plopped down onto it, thinking nothing of her request for the plans evolving in his head.
[PM]
^
Lirra Thorne
 Posted: Jan 3 2015, 10:17 AM
[Quote]

Lirra maintained a loving smile as he came in. "Well, I thought my dear husband, since you are home, you would consider having a meal with me instead of walking in the garden?" She asked looking and waving to the servants to start bringing out the dishes.

The meal itself was most of her favorites with the exception of the main course which was Mason's. She knew he hadn't eaten this food in a while and she wanted to keep him in merry spirits until she decided to talk to him. Though, it would happen sooner than later considering her brother and her were already behind the arrangements. Lirra was still in the dark to who she was going to be marrying, but only offered security for a higher rank than she possessed at the moment.

"Darling, the king and I have been discussing politics. It seems a new alliance is to be made with a marriage and he has chosen our family for this purpose." She said with a smirk on her face. She wanted to see if he was going to be able to figure out what she meant on his own without her saying anything.
[PM]
^
Mason Thorne
 Posted: Jan 6 2015, 12:58 PM
[Quote]

He looked to her with raised eyebrows, surprised by her counter-offer. Dinner? He blinked and then smiled slowly. "Well of course! Dinner with my wife..." he moved his eyes to the beautiful woman beside him, feeling out of place in this familial situation. Whenever they were together like this he felt like something was wrong... like he should be doing something... that he hadn't been taught to do...

He looked at her open palm on the table and awkwardly lifted his hand, placing it in hers uncertainly...giving it a squeeze.

She gave a signal to the staff, and the doors opened, the smell greeting him. He turned his head to see the staff come in, plates in hand, and set them on the table. A servant came to remove Mason' files, and the man almost stopped him. He lifted a hand and the servant paused before Mason gave a little laugh and lowered his hand, turning to Lirra with a shake of the head. "Sorry," he said.

The servant removed the files from the dinner table.

The dishes looked delightful.

She spoke of politics, suddenly, and alliances.

He frowned and looked at her, wondering how this hadn't gotten to Lirra before it had gotten to him. Well, she was his sister. He raised his brows and began to smile, clearly happy.

"What? A marriage?" he laughed joyfully and squeezed her hand again. "I've heard nothing of this - For whom? Kaden?"
[PM]
^
Lirra Thorne
 Posted: Jan 7 2015, 02:09 PM
[Quote]

Lirra stared at him with the dinner that was going to laid out in place for the two of them. They were going to be alone; and it was something that was going to leave her wondering if he loved her or if it was all just political gain. She smiled brightly at him and waved. "Please sit my love. The maids had the kitchen prepare your favorite." She said looking up at him gesturing for him to sit.

As he placed his hand in hers she looked at him trying not to pull away. Instead she returned the squeeze. Her eyes followed him as the servant tried to take it away. Lirra maintained a calm demeanor as it was taken away.

The food was in front of them and she began to eat pausing only briefly to have some of the wine that was filled up high in her goblet. She was going to need it in order to tell her father about everything and wanted to know how it was going to make it seem better for him. It was a treaty that would benefit the family; unless Mason decided to fight for their marriage.

"Not Kaden or Willow." She said looking back at him waiting for him to figure it out.
[PM]
^
Mason Thorne
 Posted: Jan 13 2015, 01:40 AM
[Quote]

He frowned at her, surprised at what she'd spoken, and his hand grasped tighter about her smaller one as she spoke frankly and with almost a laugh to her voice. The final dishes were being laid and the wine poured, and then the servants stepped away, leaving their masters to sup.

"What!?" Mason exclaimed, his voice surprised and yet taken aback. If it wasn't Willow or Kaden... "Asher is so young!" Mason proclaimed, not unhappy, but certainly surprised. "Oh, the bride must be of a similar age... He was awed, his voice lingering as he tried to think of eligible brides of around 6 years old. "...Not... Iphegenia!? Duke Caras' daughter!?"

This was good news indeed!
[PM]
^
Lirra Thorne
 Posted: Jan 29 2015, 08:13 PM
[Quote]

Her eyes watched him as he tightened his grip on her hand. Lirra smiled and looked at him and picked up her fork to begin eating. She slowly pulled her hand away as she continued eating taking up the goblet in her hand and took a drink from it.

Lirra smiled widely as he continued to guess which one of their children may not be. She shook her head. "My brother chose me darling." She sat reaching out to pat his hand and then looked away to take another bite of her food. "Thoughts?"
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
[Add Reply][New Topic][New Poll]

Created by TheGreatDG thanks to kismet's template, Ashar Rising
RPGD TopsitesRPG-D