Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) [Add Reply][New Topic][New Poll]

Return, Cass and Ambrosia
Ambrosia Augustine
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 10:28 AM
[Quote]

Group: Vagabond

Ambrosia quickly gathered herself when the Duchess opened the door; she had expected the Duke.

'Thank you Duchess,' she smiled at her as she entered and noted the food arrayed on the table; she longed to try some of the delicacies but she was aware of the tightness of Lady Cass's jaw and the tense way she held herself and decided against it. She hoped the Duchess would pour herself some wine soon so she could relax, if this meeting turned to more serious matters Ambrosia would rely on the Duke's wife to shore up his courage, if she was tense and anxious then she would let her mind be swayed by anxious thoughts and Ambrosia knew that doubt was a luxury none of them could afford.

After a tense silence the Duke entered the room and it seemed to Ambrosia that both of them breathed a sigh of relief to not be alone together anymore.

Ambrosia acknowledged the Edmunds apology with a nod of her head and noted the way he dismissed the servants, she took that as a good sign, he didn't wish what they discussed to be overheard. Surely he must know why she had come and he must have some sort of response prepared.

Ambrosia was impatient but she knew there were formalities to observe; she had felt stifled by conventions since she had arrived here and she wondered, if they were to ever see Aurelius restored to his rightful place, how she would cope with the daily restrictions being a noble would place on her.

'I am sorry that my arrival was unexpected and perhaps untimely, but I hope you both know your kindnesses both to me and my brother have been appreciated. If I could have sent word to you I would have but we all know what spies there are lurking in the shadows and I cannot risk revealing myself publicly yet. I don't need to remind you of the dangers we all face should my brother and I be discovered.' She stopped and waited to see how her speech would be received, she needed to tread slowly and carefully.
[PM]
^
Cassandra DuNord
 Posted: Jan 6 2015, 10:13 PM
[Quote]

Group: High Noble

Cassandra's eyebrow rose in response to the girls statements. She was so polite. Yet that night, in the rain the girl had been surely and overly familiar with Cassandra. She certainly had not made a good impression. She was so very unlike her brother. They boy was the soul of kindness. That was the one thing about his she knew would never let him be a good and decent king.

And then there was Roland.

She sighed audibly at the thought of the man she had always considered her step father. She loved him, that was true. But should he be king?

She relaxed as Edmund too the lead. She was there for him and no other reason. Reflexively she touched her abdomen and thought about the truth, her truth, that hid there.

Get this out of the way then they could be alone.

"Your brother has been a lovely house guest, kind and thoughtful. I am glad that we could keep him safe. But the situation has become complicated with your arrival. Not to mention your skewing of the truth about discussions with Ed the night you arrived."

[PM][Email]GTalk
^
Ambrosia Augustine
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 12:39 PM
[Quote]

Ambrosia smiled at the Duchess's tone; so much for treading softly, she thought. Dealing with Edmund was one thing but his wife would obviously require a different approach.

'Your compliments about my brother are very kind; I am glad he is proving to be worthy of your generosity.' She nodded low to the Duke and addressed him directly 'and I am sorry that my arrival has...complicated...matters. Although I am surprised you never considered what harbouring a person such as Aurelius would eventually bring to your door.' Ambrosia turned to the Duchess; 'You must have known that one day he would become a rallying point, a beacon for the dispossessed of these lands, a symbol of everything that Roland has tried to destroy. You cannot have imagined that you would be allowed to live with such a person under your roof and be able to keep him hidden and secret for his lifetime.
If it were not I that knocked at your door one night make no mistake it would have been another; the jewel you possess is too precious to some and too dangerous to others to stay hidden.
I am here because I have the greatest claim to my brother and the throne and I would see him and our family line restored. I apologise if that has inconvenienced you Cassandra but it is I not you who have been displaced and dispossessed, I who have to wait patiently for a chance to make myself known and I chose to do so to the people who have claimed to love and help my kin. If, in that process I have had to...how did you word it? Skew the truth of certain matters I did so because I have learnt what it is to be persecuted and to live each day in fear, alone and in the dark.' Ambrosia paused, and then shook her head to clear the black thoughts that were beginning to smother her once more. She took a deep, shaky breath and when she next spoke her voice was lower, calmer.

'I have come because there is nowhere else for me to go. I have come to presume on an old friendship and to simply ask for help.' She spread her hands; 'I can do no more than that.'
[PM]
^
Edmund Du Nord II
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 12:14 PM
[Quote]

The Duke listened to the two women exchange pleasantries. As Cassandra broached the topic of Ambrosia's lies, Edmund gave her waist a gentle squeeze. She was well in her rights to be upset by it, and he would support her if she wanted to turn the Princess out, or merely chastise her.

Edmund raised a brow at Ambrosia's comments. He liked that she jumped straight to the point, but he wondered what Cassandra would say about her opinion on Roland.

"You assume that we both want Roland deposed, Rose. I have no love for Roland, that is no secret. But he is still a part of our family, and as his supporters would have us believe, he is the best thing for Tetel'ac in this turbulent time."

Edmund replied quietly, almost bitterly. It made him sick to openly admit that Roland was a part of their lives, but it was true. Edmund may hate his step-father, but he was his to hate.
That was to be seen as something completely separate to the state of affairs in this country.
Edmund motioned to the seats.

"Will you ladies join me for lunch? We can at least pretend to be civil."

Edmund drifted over to the table and picked up a small plate, before settling on the couch.

"Rose... your brother was ill when he came to us. My wife and I have extended the same hospitality and care that we would to any good person. He is a good person."

Edmund broke off, glancing to Cassandra to read that he was taking the right line.

"Yes, his bloodlines make him dangerous. But that does not necessarily make him so. Aurelius has a legal claim to the throne, but can you honestly see him rallying point for the sceptical lords and knights that have seen monarchies come and go?"

Edmund looked to Ambrosia questioningly.

"You on the other hand..."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM][Email]
^
Ambrosia Augustine
 Posted: Jan 12 2015, 11:38 AM
[Quote]

Ambrosia sighed; she wished she could return to her room, she wished she could lie down in the comfortable bed that had been offered her and sleep for the rest of her life; she wished she could ignore Edmunds words but she was forced to acknowledge that her brother was not a strong person, he never had been, he was not a figure men would rally round and risk their lives for.

She gathered her thoughts; her stomach twisted at Edmunds words, at the care and attention he showed his wife; suddenly Ambrosia felt very alone. She had no-one to rely one, no-one to help. If there was to be any support for her brother, any hope that he would one day reclaim their fathers throne it would have to come from her, from her cunning and her intelligence.
Looking across the table to the Duke and Duchess sat on their comfortable chairs, in their comfortable home Ambrosia felt like she was looking at a mountain.

She breathed deeply, inwardly chastising herself for her weakness. Aurelius was relying on her, her whole family was relying on her, looking down, judging, waiting, expecting. She had to try.

'My brothers blood defines him; he is not an individual person, he cannot escape his fate, any more than any of us can. We are born into great families, we live and die for our houses, for our fathers, we can do no more. You are mistaken if you think Aurelius is not dangerous; the fact that my fathers blood flows through his veins makes him so and ensures he will forever remain so. It is not the person men rally behind, it is the ideal of a person. What they symbolise. My brother symbolises hope to those who have none.

You say there are many who believe Roland is the best thing to happen to Tetel'ac; I dare say there are many who agree, who have prospered under his rule, but what of those who have not? The nobles who secretly mutter in shadows; men who have been stripped of their titles, men who have lost land; women who have lost sons, husbands? There are people in your streets, the poor, the nameless, the lost who would gladly stand behind my brothers banners if they thought it would bring an end to Roland's rule. You may not think they count for much but those are the people who form your armies, who feed and tend your soldiers. They are the ones you call upon when you raise your banners.'

Ambrosia sighed and drank deeply from her goblet, she was so tired, it seemed to her to take an age before she spoke again.

'I don't believe I could call many to my cause, I am a woman, I live as an outlaw and there are many who despise me, but I believe my brother's cause is a just one.' She smiled at the Duke and Duchess; 'If I had been born a man I believe things would be very different.'
[PM]
^
Cassandra DuNord
 Posted: Jan 26 2015, 12:43 AM
[Quote]

Cassandra's face twisted. She nearly spoke several times but forced the words back down. Ambrosia spoke over her and she looked to Ed. He seemed to be enjoying the play between them all. Or perhaps he was just curious how she would react.

Cassandra's face hardened and her mouth pressed into a tight line.

"Of course we both knew what having him here would mean. Of course we understood. And Roland.."

The color rose in in cheeks and she looked at Edmund for some control. She didn't like being left out of the conversation. She didn't like being bowled over by anyone. Least of all by this girl.

"All Kings destroy to build. Your family is no different. To say your line has been less violent and better for this land would be foolish. Roland certainly has his faults but deep down he is a good man, like your brother who wants the best for us all. I am sorry you do not see that. I know him as family. I have seen his heart. Perhaps your drive for the throne has blinded you to the truth around you. Your brother cannot and will not be King. He has..he is fragile..Would you put someone on the throne that would not succeed? Because I assure you, it will kill him. You cannot truly believe this is possible?"

"Many a just cause have failed, yours will be no different, unless you change your approach."

**OOC*** winging it here, let me know if I need to edit. Sorry for the long delay.

[PM][Email]GTalk
^
Edmund Du Nord II
 Posted: Jan 29 2015, 11:48 AM
[Quote]

"Your father was a knight!"

Edmund snapped, reacting harshly to her argument. The Duke took a deep breath, pausing to catch his thoughts.

"Forgive me, Rose, but I remember a time when La Roux blood was enough to claim the throne. Now it is the blood of traitors, even though they were the highest family for generations."

Edmund's voice caught. He had only been five years old when he had been fostered by Queen Loretta, it was the first family he had known, had loved. It had only been a few years later that they had all been killed in the revolution. As a child he had been lucky to be spared, and distraught for what he'd lost. As a young man, Edmund had little love for the role his mother and step-father played; or for the Augustine family that he was suddenly expected to revere as royalty.

"Ideas are cheap to create. We have heard your brother sing many a song of heroes, people always love the stories. They distract for a while, they might even inspire a few individuals, but they'll never overthrow monarchies. Not unless you have something else to back it up."

Edmund turned to his wife, watching as colour flashed across her cheeks as she made her own point. Edmund could hear the passion in her voice, and he could not fault anything she had to say. It seemed that they were standing at the same opinion for this.
Edmund caressed his wife's hand.

"You would be surprised how many people in Tetel'ac respect strong women..."

Edmund moved to the table and poured three glasses of wine, offering the first to his wife, and the second to Rose.

"So unless you have something solid to bring to the table, we should put this idea behind us, and discuss what you and your brother will do next."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM][Email]
^
Ambrosia Augustine
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 11:23 AM
[Quote]

(getting very confused here guys! Is there a link to previous threads with Rose in because I didn't play her from the beginning so all this stuff about lies and past history is beyond me! If you can direct me to somewhere I can catch up on the history or send me a synopsis I'd be grateful because I've only been playing Ambrosia for a few months!)

[i]_______________________________________________________________-

Ambrosia felt the life drain from her; all her passion; all her energy left in one swift moment. She was a fool, she could see that, but what else did she have? She had been lost and alone for so long; maybe she had forgotten how it was to be in this situation, with people like the Duke and Duchess.
Of course she knew her brother was unsuited for the throne, she wasn't blind to him or his faults no matter what others may think but it was how she had been raised. Her brother came before her, his ambitions were what drove her, she knew no other way.

She bowed her head; her voice low. 'I am sorry for causing you both distress. I had no wish to do so.' She could not think how to proceed, she had lost her ability for debate, she was not as astute as she had believed herself to be and so she spoke directly to both the Duke and the Duchess.
'I am in your hands, what would you advise I do next?'

This post has been edited by Ambrosia Augustine: Feb 2 2015, 11:24 AM
[PM]
^
Edmund Du Nord II
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 02:18 PM
[Quote]

((ooc: That's fine, I often get carried away. If you click on the Infodex at the top, there's lots of handy links, including to the History.

So basically, the LaRoux family have been in power for ages, until Roland and his first wife Rhiann (mistress of all evil), instigated the rebellion. They helped put Immanuel Augustine on the throne, thinking they could use him as a puppet. Unfortunately, he was too much of a good guy.

Then twenty years later, their son Mailor deGrada supposedly kills Immanuel, and the monarchy crumbles from there.

As far as Edmund is concerned, as a young boy, his mother used him as a pawn in a plot that never played out, with the LaRoux family.

If there are any particulars you're curious about, give us a shout!))

--------------------
user posted image
[PM][Email]
^
Cassandra DuNord
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 11:20 PM
[Quote]

"It seems to me..."

Cassandra thought about her words carefully but she was not in the mood to be diplomatic.

"You have two choices. You make a claim to the throne yourself, or you become part of Roland court and work with him. You find your power. Allow your brother to be what he is and do what makes him happy. You take your place for your family.."

Her eyes were dark and deeply serious as she watched the young woman. She could speak nothing other but the truth as she saw it. Some were fit to rule and others were just not.

Ambrosia's brother was a musician, a good one but nothing more.

She reached for her tea and one of the small morsels of food. Finally the knot in her stomach relaxed.

"You have the power."

[PM][Email]GTalk
^
Ambrosia Augustine
 Posted: Mar 7 2015, 03:47 PM
[Quote]

Ambrosia sighed; she knew the truth of Cassandra's words but she had no stomach for them.
The thought of being a ruler was exhausting to her, all of a sudden she had a craving for the green canopies and smell of moss and earth that she had become accustomed too, but there was no going back for her. Aurelius had dragged her back into this world and she had an obligation to her family to see it through and if this was the only way...

Max would be angry and Aurelius would be confused but she could deal with them. Lucian...well that was another story and one she would think about later.

'What do you advise?' she asked the Duke and Duchess. She would listen to their advice and then she'd need time. She couldn't breathe her, in this environment, she was stifled and more alone than she wanted to admit.

This post has been edited by Zorrah: Mar 7 2015, 03:48 PM
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
[Add Reply][New Topic][New Poll]

Created by TheGreatDG thanks to kismet's template, Ashar Rising
RPGD TopsitesRPG-D